Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Boxcar Children

This was our first "sonlight" book to read and Brett LOVED it! We finished it W-A-Y ahead of schedule because he just wouldn't let me stop reading! We are going to fill time until the next novel with Magic Treehouse and Amelia Bedelia. Brett loved learning new vocabulary words and ways of speaking from the characters in the story.
For those of you not familiar with the story, its about four children who are orphaned and afraid to go live with their grandfather. They run away and find an abandoned boxcar that they turn into their home. It is a delightful story and Brett is excited to know that we are going to go the library and check out other books from the series to read.

In other news...School has gone really well for us, considering we are so new to this. Brett is enjoying his work and we are having a lot of fun which is important. We've had some days where not much has gone according to schedule and some days where its been perfectly orchestrated, but I guess that is the nature of the beast in a classroom or at home :) We definitely are settling into a routine and I'm happy about that.

I will say that outside of school life in general has been a bit stressful...it seems our family has been hit with lots of drama concerning people we care about, ever since the first couple of days of school. It's almost like Satan said, "Okay, let's hit her with a bunch of garbage and maybe they'll give in, pack the kid up and send him to school." Well, I've got news for him - I don't give up on what I know God is wanting from us that easily! I've been fighting back with all the scripture I can think of and the Enemy is NOT going to steal, kill or destroy the plans God has laid for our family, nor is he going to take away the joy the Spirit of Jesus puts in my heart!

Okay, I feel better now, thanks for giving me a moment :)The weather is cooling off and we are excited to start our nature study in the next couple of weeks or so...check out the link in the sidebar "Our Family's Outdoor Hour" later in the month and you can see what we are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment