Sunday, January 27, 2013

Changes

2012 was the year of life changing events it seems.  First,  we found out in February that I was pregnant... Then our beautiful baby girl was born in October!   Brett is an incredible big brother and loves his little sister fiercely already... It's amazing to watch him with her.   I had to have a C-section,  so recovery was slow going... about three weeks.   So we took two of those weeks off of school and then started learning how to begin doing school with a newborn... That's life changing in and of  itself!  Then... just as I thought my daily life was falling back into place,  I received a six o' clock in the morning phone call from my mom.  My daddy had suddenly passed away in the night. My world was rocked.  Everything fell apart.  I have really been struggling since then to keep us focused and on track with school.  There are days I feel so lost that I just want to sit and cry all day while hiding under a pile of blankets. Even on the good days,  my focus is just...  off.  It's been 10 weeks now and I'm  trying to get back into a normal groove of school,  extra curricular activities,  Baby Kelsey's schedule, household chores, etc... With that are my plans to keep this blog updated at least twice a month. So,  starting in February, I'll catch you up on what we've been doing up til now and where we are headed in school.  There are a few really cool events coming up in our area field trip wise that I'm excited to share about as they happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment